XNA Install Notes
You need to install TWO pieces of software:
'XNA Game Studio Express 1.0 Refresh'
'C# Express Studio'
Prelude (My Hardware/Software):
- OS: Windows XP Professional
- All "Windows Updates" were current
- I started with a system with Visual Studio 2003 installed
Game Studio Express is an EXTENTION of the 'C# Express Studio'
- This is NOT an extension of 'Visual Studio 2005 Professional'
- It CAN coexist with it
Make sure you are completely updated with Windows...
You MUST install C# Express Studio FIRST
- You must ALSO run it at least once (ie start/exit) before
installing Game Studio
Downloading/Installing C# Express Studio:
They are currently shipping a BETA version of C# Studio 2008
NOTE: THIS HUNG WHEN I TRIED INSTALLING - SO DON'T USE THIS VERSION!
You can download C# Studio 2005 directly at:
After you have installed Studio Express 2005, you shoule
then run http://update.microsoft.com (again) because
only after you have installed Studio Express will Microsoft
be able to install the update service pack for it.
And you will need that update for XNA to work!
Downloading/Installing 'XNA Game Studio Express 1.0 Refresh'
(and following link to)
- Big Readme (and you should read it and do what it says)
- There are some hardware software
There is a great site, XNA Creators Club (a Microsoft Site)
With lots of tutorials:
And lots of samples: