- Expository programming
- Common language for 6 yr olds -> adults
- Use by English, History majors
Learning natural language
- Mistakes are handled gracefully
- Strongly stable underlying semantics
- The system is its own simulation
- The simulation does not break
- The system should simulate itself
- Networked, socially engaging
- The Logo approach
- What should programming look like?
- PLACES, ARCS, TRANSITIONS
- parallel computation
- colored Petri Nets
- critters walking along the nets
- Everything can open up to show more
- "It's turtles all the way down."
What is the role of sound?
- Ambient (background) audio
- Verbal language
- Creation by "user"
- Tools/motivation - using critters
- Characters responding in spaces
- Nested layers of story/world detail
- Continuous or discrete grid?
- Smart places versus smart critters
- Possible experiments