Plan for PocketWeb business development
-Ken, Jan 22,2000
Finding out the needs of clients:
We need to find out what potential clients such as
Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola need.
This includes finding out the following technical questions:
- Do they use BlueTooth?
- What screen resolutions are they planning to roll out?
- How many screen colors/gray scales will they be supporting?
- What will be their sound support?
- What processors will they be using?
- What language/development environment do they have?
Making relevent demos:
We need to show certain "hot button" demos, including:
To effect these things, we will need
to add specific capabilities into our software platform,
- shared calendar
- address book
- smart map
- movie locator
- photo organizer for cell-phone's built-in camera
- proxy of Yahoo's home page
The animated capabilities can be simulated at first by
specifying lists of time-varying-cycle objects in the metafile
(the object just keeps looping through a list of alternate
object definitions as the program runs).
This will be very easy to implement,
and will give people the idea of the "look-and-feel" of
the eventual capabilitie (eg: of live feeds from the server).
- Support for "Bloomberg" style moving stock quotations.
- Animated charts and graphs.
- Animated or looping raster images.
- Being able to send persistent info to the server.
- Being able to continually update from info coming from the server.