Installing Quikwriting Version 2.1
Note: After reading these instructions, read the RELEASE NOTES.
(1) What you'll need:
- The Quikwriting hack QwHack.prc. Download from here
- The Hackmaster program HackMstr.prc, which allows system patches. Download from www.daggerware.com, or from various Palm software repositories, such as Palm Central, ZDNet, or Download.com.
- Palm Desktop software and HotSync Cradle. Included with your Palm device.
(2) To install:
- Open Palm Desktop on your desktop computer.
- Click on the "Install" icon, or select "Install" from the View menu. This opens the Palm Install tool.
- Click on Add. This opens up a file dialog, from which you have to
find QwHack.prc and HackMstr.prc. After adding the two .prc files,
click on done. You will get a message saying that these applications
will be installed the next time you HotSync your Palm device.
Important: if a previous version of the Quikwriting hack is already installed on your Palm device, then before HotSyncing you must enter the HackMaster application and uncheck the Quikwriting extension.
- HotSync your Palm device to install the Quikwriting and Hackmaster on your Palm device.
(3) To start Quikwriting on your Palm device:
- Click on the "Applications" soft key on your Palm. A "Hackmaster" icon should now appear along your other applications.
- Click on the "Hackmaster" icon. This will display a list of the Hacks that are installed on your Palm devifce. Clicking on the "?" icon next to an entry will display its "About" box.
- To activate Quikwriting, check the box next to "Quikwriting."
Now Quikwriting is ready to use in any of your applications. You can tell that Quikwriting is enabled by the "QW" that appears in the lower right corner of the screen.
Tip: To switch back and forth between Quikwriting and Graffiti, make a diagonal stroke in the alphabetic part of the Graffiti area from the lower right corner to the upper left corner.